Which Bengali Newspaper Should I Choose To Get Better ROI?Jan 23, 2019 | Newspaper
Bengal has been a vibrant and spirited state throughout history. It’s been the nexus point for many political, cultural and social developments. Its rich history complements the identity of the state as a cultural and intellectual gem of the country. Having issued luminaries like Rabindranath Tagore, Amitav Ghosh, Pandit Ravishankar, Amartya Sen, Jagdish Chandra Bose and other; Bengal’s claim of being a center for creative intellectual and cultural innovation whether it be in literature, science, music, movies, theatre, Politics etc. is substantiated.
Given the Bengali propensity for the written word, the state has many regional dailies which have their own coterie of devoted readers. Here are the Bengali newspapers that you can find in the region-
- Anandabazar Patrika
- Dainik Sambad
- Dainik Statesman
- Ei Samay
- Jago Bangla
- Sangbad Protidin
- Uttar Banga Sambad
The list gives one a bewildering list of papers to choose from if you are looking to place an ad whether as an individual or as a corporate. How do you know which one to choose? Which one will give you the best reach? Does your target audience read the paper? Will the prices be exorbitant? Will you be getting the ROI (return on investment) that you have mapped out?
This blog will clarify which Bengali newspapers have the best chance of giving you a better ROI when you are looking to book newspaper ad in the papers.
As one of the oldest papers of India, it has the devoted following of many Bengalis. As a pre-independence paper started in 1922, Anandabazar is popularly known for being the ‘Voice of Bengal’ ensuring that the people were at least informed of the news of the turbulent times. You will find many advertisers placing an Anandabazar Patrika advertisement.
Here are the characteristics which ruled in their favor:
- Their circulation is over 1.1 million globally. Ensuring that you have a huge reach.
- Their readership is of 10 million people in India alone. Making them one of the highest read regional dailies in the country.
- They are popular and trusted by both the urban and rural populous.
- They publish a number of editions and supplements which increase your odds of reaching your audience and therefore increasing your ROI.
- Their spectrum of topics allows for any industry or product to create a synergetic presence in their paper.
Founded in 1984 on the 7th of December, Bartaman Patrika has grown to be Anandabazar Patrika’s biggest competitor. It was established by a former Anandabazar Patrika journalist, Barun Sengupta. Here is why Bartaman Patrika advertisement are popular.
- Its circulation is only second to Anandabazar Patrika.
- Its total circulation is 6,69,758 copies per day according to the Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABC).
- It comes out with many editions and has several supplements allowing you to focus your reach to the specific demographic you have in mind.
- Its wide coverage of issues important on a city, state, and national level make it a trusted and sought-after newspaper.
A relatively new entry to the newspaper industry, Ei Samay has a distinct tone and attitude towards news reporting. An imprint of the Times Group, it is owned and published by the Bennet, Coleman, & Co. ltd. Ei Samay is especially targeted towards the young adults of 20 to 35. Even though it is a younger publication, there are many who invest in Ei Samay advertisement. Here’s why
- It has a circulation of 277,384 papers a day; which is great for such a young paper.
- It’s editions in Kolkata and New Delhi are able to narrow and target your audience more effectively.
- It has well-known columns and sections which keep the readers coming back for more.
- It also has 2 supplements which are great for advertisement purposes.
These papers are the top tier choice for advertisers, the other papers are as good for advertisements but we place our bets on these three. Now that we know the newspapers to choose, booking a newspaper ad is the next headache for advertisers. Whether you want to place an Anandabazar Patrika Advertisement, Bartaman Patrika Advertisement, Ei Samay advertisement only or on all three at the same time, you need an experienced ad agency who will be able to book newspaper ads online for you.
Bookadsnow is an ad agency based in Kolkata with over 30 years of experience. Media houses trust and acknowledge Bookadsnow as one of the leading ad agencies of our times. These ties work in your favor as an advertiser since ad rates are flexible and our agents are able to negotiate the best rates, positions, and even sections on your behalf. With their INS accreditation and policy of transparency, you can be assured of your ad handled by competent hands.
To avail of Bookadsnow’s expertise, you can use their website or call them @9830400021.