How To Plan Your Radio Advertising Campaign?Mar 13, 2020 | Newspaper
Radio ads are a powerful and effective tool for your business. With smart radio ads, you can reach your target audience and increase your sales. But before that, you need to know the essentials of radio advertising – how to convey the right message and how to hook your audience in while getting them to act. Before you start your radio advertising campaign, we will tell you what to expect from it.
The Pros of Radio Advertising
We will start by giving you a rundown on the advantages that come with radio advertising.
- It reaches a huge audience through various households and any demographic.
- It is targeted whereby you can tailor and localise your message to each target audience. You can send messages to specific demographics and geographic areas.
- Radio is portable. This means you'll have the opportunity to reach people on the go which will give you an edge over your competitors.
- It builds top-of-the-mind brand awareness. Careful time placement of ads has a real impact on the call to action.
- It is usually more cost-effective than other media to reach the level of frequency your ad needs.
- It offers emotion and encourages the target audience to connect better with the ad.
- It is an intimate form of advertising. Listeners develop strong relationships with their favourite radio personalities and stations. When a radio personality endorses your product, it comes as a referral from a friend to your audience. That is the most effective form of advertising.
- It is flexible as well as immediate. You can create and run radio ads faster compared to other media.
The Cons of Radio Advertising
At the same time, you have to keep in mind certain disadvantages that come with radio ads.
- Radio ads are audio-only. There is no visual to support them. That is why they are not suitable for products that need a visual representation.
- Your target audience can avoid listening to your ads by switching stations.
- The exposure to your message is short as well as fleeting.
- Your target audience could be doing something while listening to the radio. That makes it hard to capture their attention, thereby difficulty in creating brand awareness.
Factors that Influence Cost of Radio Ads
You will be able to plan your radio advertising campaign better when you know what you should be paying for radio ad spots. The factors that affect radio ad cost are:
- The number of people listening – The more people listen to the station you are advertising with, the more you will pay.
- Demographic of the listeners – The more popular the specific target audience is among advertisers, the more you pay.
- Amount of existing competition – Radio stations drive up prices when a lot of different companies want to run ads at the same time, say during the festive season.
- Your negotiation ability – The pricing proposal sent by a station is not necessarily the final price. It is your negotiation ability that can bring the price down considerably.
Running an Effective Radio Advertising Campaign
Here is what you should do to get the biggest ROI on your radio ad campaign.
- Have a clear understanding of the listeners you want to reach. Create a target audience profile based on the demographics of your prospect. This needs to have their age, gender, location, income, and other related information. From the respective radio stations, find out what percentage of their listeners match such demographics and at what times of the day or during which programming you will be able to reach your best prospects. Also, find out where these stations are heard from signal coverage maps.
- When evaluating proposals, keep in mind the three most important elements - reach, frequency, and cost-per-point. Effective advertising needs repetition.
- You need to entertain the audience. Grab and hold attention with humour. Great radio spots do just that. Tell stories or present situations your target audience can relate to with your spots.
- Create well-written radio ads and ensure they are memorable. Have a clear call to action.
- Select your time slots in alignment with the time your target audience tunes into the radio. You need to make sure that your potential customers are being exposed to your ad and are responding to it.
Bookadsnow is an online media planning portal with tailor-made media planning and booking services. We aim to provide quality media planning, buying, and evaluation solutions across all advertising mediums. Book your radio ads online and hassle-free now with Bookadsnow. You can Book Television Advertising with Bookadsnow at a very negotiable rate.