How To Launch A Successful Marketing Campaign?Jun 22, 2017 | Newspaper
Before going into the nitty-gritty of a successful ad campaign, let us have a look at what an advertising campaign is. It is a group of ads centralized around one message. A marketing campaign uses many different marketing and media channels to get this idea across. It has very clearly defined campaign timings as well.
Successful marketing campaigns are those that have an impact on the growth of your brand and that manage to hit on some universal truth that allows us to remember them. Successful marketing campaigns change the way consumers think about the world around them. They are examples of great solid marketing built on spot-on insights and executed perfectly. Breaking the mold is exactly what you want when it comes to the best marketing strategy. People are looking for ads that stand out in an incredibly competitive space. The success of a marketing campaign revolutionizes the way marketing is done.
What is the good of an ad campaign if it does not put your product in the spotlight? Your company’s product or service might be amazing, but nobody will know about it if you do not advertise. The goal of successful marketing campaigns should be to reach the largest possible audience in a cost-effective manner and attract customers. The marketplace is noisy and if you deliver a message only once through a single medium, it rarely makes a difference. A true marketing campaign supports positioning, defines a brand experience and handles the campaign fulfillment and selling. Effective marketing is what separates rapidly growing companies from slow-growing or stalled companies. You are likely to grow to the extent that you master marketing.
What Makes Advertising Effective
Effective advertising must–
- Be memorable
- Resonate with consumers
- Deliver a personally meaningful message
- Stand for values above and beyond the product or service itself
- Be inextricably linked to the brand
Successful marketing campaigns are not specific to product launches. You need to treat every one of your marketing activities as a marketing campaign. Have a master plan for every single project that you take on. Have a set of clearly defined goals, a finite start and end date, and a means of tracking your successes and failures.
Going for a Successful Ad Campaign
Successful marketing campaigns are the main method of both communicating with your market to reinforce your positioning, and for customer acquisition. A good campaign follows a theme and includes a series of touches on the market. Some marketing campaigns contain an overarching theme, which can be leveraged over extended periods of time with multiple variations, or different elements, to tell a story.
A successful ad campaign is often founded on deep psychological insights.Here are some tips for you to run a successful ad campaign.
- Go after your target audience – Gear your marketing campaign towards your niche market. Generic ads that do not speak the language or grab the attention of your potential customers are of no use. Determine what kind of customers you want to attract, and make sure your ads speak to them on a personal level. No product or service will appeal to everyone. Find your market and be everything you can be to that audience.
- Highlight your competitive advantage – Accentuate the pros of your company. Highlight the factors that give you your competitive edge and your ad will deliver value to your potential customers.
- Establish an image – When it comes to advertising and promoting your business, image counts. Work to build a consistent image and you will not miss a chance to make an impression on prospective customers.
- Advertise in the right places – Research your target market to understand who your target audience is and determine what they read, watch and listen to. Advertise in the appropriate media and ensure that you reach your target market. Choose a variety of suitable media for your audience and budget.
- Media scheduling – Do the scheduling accurately so that your ad will be visible or be read or be audible to the targeted customers at the right time.
- Monitor your ads – Understand which elements of your ads are most effective and which media offer the most profitable advertising opportunities for your company.
- A clear call-to-action – Make sure your campaign has a clear call-to-action. Encourage people to take the next step with you. Make it as clear and easy to act on as possible.
- Set your goals and KPIs – Marketing activities have different outcomes – leads, visitors, visibility or engagement. Based on your primary purpose, set specific goals and metrics that will help you determine how your campaign is performing against your goals.
- Define your lead nurturing strategy – Build relationships with new leads that you acquire through a lead generation campaign. Provide the right content and offers at the right time, educate and provide value through every stage of the customer journey.
- Track and measure results – Results are usually in terms of sales or qualified leads. Tracking and measuring results are based on the nature of your business.
- Start with goals and work backward – Develop campaigns to meet the numbers you arrive at when you work like this. For example, when you know how many customers you need, you can calculate how many leads you will need, and then design campaigns to generate that number of leads.
When you have completed your marketing campaign cycle, ask the following questions during your review
- Did you meet the goals? If not, why?
- Did your offer satisfy your target audience? If not, what can you offer that will?
- Should anything change next time you run the campaign?
- What did you learn that you can apply to your next campaign for this audience persona?
Successful marketing campaigns are carefully researched, well thought-out, and focused on details and execution. Planning a marketing campaign starts with understanding your position in the marketplace. Leave room to make changes as you go along. At the same time, commit fully to implement your plan and take a strong step toward growth.